Monday, May 3, 2010

Zaha Hadid- Parastic Angles

I ventured to the library to find more out about Zaha Hadid, Ruwan and others had mentioned her during the dab510 classes and i was interested to see how her work may relate and enrich my design. The Book displayed designs and paintings which reminded me of lebius woods parasitic work shown on the theme groups wiki page.


The above image is a painting which reminded me of my entrance to the kindergarten. It is a Painting of Office Building on Kurfurstendamm 70 Berlin, 1986.


I particularly liked the name of this painting "Jewels" as i hadnt thought of my sharp angles as natural elements before. Now i can relate them to minerals and natural elements occuring. -perhaps even the rocky cliff of howard smith wharf.


This painting is the "cornor building rotation" of an office and residentail development in Hamburg 1989. Once agian im trying to portray this radiant rotation in the entrance portal of my kindergarten.

The book is: Hadid, Z., Celant, G., Ram*rez-Montagut, M. n., & Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum. (2006). Zaha Hadid. New York, N.Y.: Guggenheim Museum : Available through D.A.P./Distributed Art Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment